Careers at The Kings Hotel
At Harbour Hotels we are always interested to hear from talented and experienced people who would are keen to join the team at any of our properties. If you are interested to join our friendly team, please do contact us with your C.V and covering letter.
Please send your details for The Kings Arms to email@example.com
The Kings Arms
18 Castle Street,
Tel: 01202 588933, www.thekings-christchurch.co.uk
Our busy restaurant is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Chef de partie
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Lukasz Dwornik, General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address above.
Junior Sous Chef
Chef de Partie
Salary: 18k-20k + Tips
As The Kings business continues to grow and develop, both in the Michelin Bib Gourmand rated restaurant and busy banqueting department, we are looking to strengthen our Kitchen team.
We are all about passion, a love of fresh local ingredients sourced from the New Forest and Dorset, team ethics and a fun environment.
The Kings Restaurant serves the very best local and seasonal food – with sophisticated simplicity and a unique and charming English setting, overlooking the Kings Arms Bowling Green and historical castle ruins. Alex Aitken, from Le Poussin, Limewood and The Jetty, is in charge of the food and menus at The Kings Restaurant; with the opportunity to work under one the South’s most renowned home-grown chefs.
We are delighted to have been awarded a prestigious Bib Gourmand in the 2014 edition of the Michelin Guide for Great Britain and Ireland. The only restaurant to have been awarded in Dorset, the Bib Gourmand award denotes a restaurant offering high quality cuisine, with good service and value for money. Inclusion in the Guide is synonymous with quality and is internationally recognised as the benchmark for quality and integrity in the cuisine and value to the guest.
Online Marketing & SEO executive
Salary: £25-30k + bonus
Hours: 9.00am – 6.30pm (Office hours as required incl. weekends and evenings)
Location: Head Office, Christchurch
Manager: Direct of Sales and Marketing
Direct Reports: None
The role is responsible for online project management, maintaining and optimising the websites from a marketing perspective whilst researching and applying the digital programme to generate high quality traffic and sales. Responsible for implementing and updating accurate online content through the development and creation of engaging and memorable online content.
• Support the new hotel website roll out
• SEO and PPC management
• Manage and publish content on internal and external websites
• Develop an ongoing content plan that includes blogs, videos and images
• Create and deliver regular email campaigns and social media content
• Maintenance of website enhancements
• Manage the Data collection programme for the group
• Support the hotels on Gift voucher sales
• Implement new online sales and marketing strategies that will benefit the top line
• Drive specific sales areas in line with business needs.
• Manage development of in-house and/or external online support teams.
• Ensure the integrity of the online systems and information through implementation and maintenance of established system management practices, processes and controls.
• Remain current with the latest digital trends and technology to keep our online presence competitive in the online world.
• Updating, creating and implementing online strategies to generate traffic, revenue and sign ups – updating content, reviewing layout, formatting, language, ensuring customer usability and accuracy of dates and prices.
• Ensuring all key areas of the website are fully tracked for web analytics and proactively reporting back to stakeholders on results.
• Undertaking regular proactive optimisation based on data analysis – focussing on conversion and lead generation.
• Integrating online content with other channels, i.e. PDFs, brochures, paper application forms etc. Ensuring that the copy is consistent with the individual campaign style, SEO, etc. Web-project management.
• Email creation and fulfilment of the marketing message and segmentation is targeted as required.
• Research and drive email open rates, click through and bookings.
• Manage all online and 3rd party website subscriptions, making sure a marketing equity value or ROI is achieved.
• Work closely with Revenue Manager to assist in reducing 3rd party commissions, analysis and reporting of these figures.
• Provide transparent, statistical analysis of all online sales channels using various tracking methods, to better justify marketing spend
• Social media policy’s and SOPs (training of hotel team members/GMs)
• Manage key marketing channels including: websites, mobile sites, online bookings, SEO, PPC, affiliate marketing and online PR (blogs and 3rd parties), emails and social media.
• Responsible for maintaining, updating and constantly improving our online appearance and experience.
• Establish client satisfaction surveys and report results to the Hotel GM’s to continuously improve upon standards throughout our locations
• Responsible for implementing all Gift Voucher promotion and development
• Maintain a comprehensive customer databases.
• Implement an online sales strategy to capture and encourage repeat online visits and booking (better online traffic that book - and repeat visitors and report with one click).
• Ensure that the sales experience is as simple as possible, making it easy for customers to buy from us.
• Daily management of online booking/revenue figures to identify booking trends (time of day/day of week etc.) to ultimately shape online strategy.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING INTEREST/EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5+ years of digital production/sales experience
• Strong background working with Word Press.
• Expert in PPC and SEO
• In depth knowledge of Google Analytic reporting
• General understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Knowledge of digital trends and a passion for online media
• Keen interest in new developments within marketing and customer behaviours
• Experience in being Brand Ambassador ensuring strict standards are met
• In depth knowledge of Google Analytic reporting
• Experience with email marketing programmes
• Desirable knowledge of Advanced Photoshop skills
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills with excellent attention to detail
• Experience of working with a CMS and database driven websites
• Advanced experience of Flash and coding
• Thorough knowledge of web layout and browser-compatibility issues
• Strong knowledge of file-conversion and cross platform/browser layouts
• Strong project management skills and keen understanding of website development process